Friday, December 11, 2009

Michael Jackson Thriller Sneakers


This is my lasted creation, "Michael Jackson Thriller Sneakers", made to pay homage to the late great Michael Jackson. My goal was to capture the Thriller video in its essence. Grabbing the fear of MJ and his "date" on the right shoe; then I jump into the infamous dance sequence on the left. I leave a bluish gray sky in the back with a few street lights to add to the isolation and uncertainty in their eyes. The front of the sneaker mimic MJ's trademark Thriller jacket.
There was a lot of emotion that went into painting these because I have been a MJ fan since a toddler. Matter fact MJ's second solo album "Thriller" was released the year of my birth so I grew up dancing to Mike. The greatest entertainer of all time will be dearly missed by all his many fans, the least I could do was give something back to a man who gave so much to us. Spike Lee was the first person to purchase the Thriller sneakers and he decided to put a image of them in the new " This is It" video. Special thanks to Spike and 40acres for the love. Go to www.40acres.com to view the video.



God Bless..
V

1 comment: